Totara Learn – Bespoke dashboards to drive compliance
By Matt Mundey on March 17, 2017
One of the challenges organisations face with driving up compliance rates is being able to track and target training to the right staff. Staff are often confused about what training they need to complete, by when and what options they have to achieve regulatory compliance.
Dashboards give users easy to read, real-time information on their Totara Learn home page.
Dashboards are a key compliance tool that we use to highlight to staff what learning they need to complete and by when, whilst administrators can easily report and drill down to view compliance at different organisation levels.
In real-world terms, “dashboard” is another name for “progress report” or “report.” Within Totara Learn dashboards can be customised and assigned to specific audiences and users, so an organisation may set up a number of key dashboard views. Dashboards have the following features:
- Dashboards provide up-to-date, real-time information about an individual’s activity or team activities.
- Tasks can be seen displayed for the individual user, or tasks that team members must complete.
- Key reporting statistics provide high level team information and trends to inform decision making.
- Learning event requests can be seen for one-click approval by managers.
- One-click access to team members’ learning plans, user profiles, course bookings and progress records.
- Create, update, delete and approve learning plans.
- Information on courses and competencies started and achieved.
- Allocate new courses, competencies and objectives to learning plans.
- Display badges awarded.
In addition to the above there are additional blocks of information that be displayed depending on user requirements e.g. Site wide or course specific news feeds, quick links, alerts, upcoming events, Google apps etc. This functionality is powerful and gives Totara Learn basic intranet functionality which can be used to engage learners.
If you would like to find out more about using dashboards in Totara Learn please contact us.
| All posts | Next