Holistic Learning with Open Source Technology for L&D and HR Professionals” with Lars Hyland
By Jamie Harwood on January 9, 2019
In this episode of the HR L&D Podcast, we sit down with Lars Hyland – Chief Learning Officer at Totara Learning to explore his deep knowledge of learning technology in all its forms to learn more about how L&D Professionals can harness this technology to deliver effective and engaging learning experiences, both in the workplace and in education.
Lars possesses over 27 years of experience in the design and implementation of large-scale holistic learning programmes and performance improvement solutions. Lars has worked with a wide range of international organisations including Sky, Tesco, Nestle, Amex and McDonald’s to name just a few!
In 2015 Lars took over as Chief Commercial Officer at Totara and was responsible for developing Totara’s Partner Network and Worldwide Subscribers. He’s now working as the Chief Learning Officer responsible for the overall success of Totara’s business operations in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
In this “Holistic Learning with Open Source Technology for L&D and HR Professionals” episode of the HR L&D Podcast we learn:
- What is Holistic Learning in the context of Open Source Technology and why this could be key for L&D professionals
- How L&D teams can ensure they are always ahead of the curve when it comes to change
- The key factors that have driven L&D forwards to where it is today?
- Who are Totara and how does the platform help L&D teams adapt to change
- How does Totara provide such a holistic learning environment?
- Why did Totara decide to develop a collaborative model that supports a global partner network?
- How are the demands of commercial organisations similar to those within Higher Education?
- What are the main holistic learning priorities L&D Team should be focused on?
- Why all L&D professionals should embrace open source technology!
- The key piece of advice Lars would give to someone embarking on a career in learning and development?
The HR L&D Podcast requires your support for it to survive. It is a niche podcast created for a specialist audience, so if you like the show, please subscribe to it, review it and share it with as many of your HR or L&D colleagues as possible.
If you wish to get involved with HR L&D Podcast or indeed if you would like to suggest a topic or tell us what you think about it, please get in touch!
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Previous | All posts |